1-Night Business School for Solopreneurs
Hello and welcome! This is the sign-up page for the 1-Night Business School for Solopreneurs being hosted by Alyssa Archambault and me on Wednesday January 12, 2011 from 8 to 11 pm. If you stumbled here by accident, please feel free to take a look around, but this particular night is for a private group. If you are interested in hosting or attending a night like this, you can sign up for my newsletter to be alerted to any events I’m doing in the future and contact me to discuss creating a custom event for you.
About the 1-Night Business School:
As a solopreneur you have to wear many hats. You’re the production department, marketing and sales, finance, planning, communication, delivery, customer service, etc. It can be overwhelming to keep all the balls in the air and just figuring out what to do first or what to do right now can be difficult. Do I set up my website, or create work to sell? Do I follow up with past customers or find some new prospects? Do I start selling before I can take credit cards? Do I focus on sales today or on creating future sales?
Add in “bright, shiny object syndrome,” which is the powerful attraction entrepreneurs feel to the glorious potential of a new idea, and it can be a big tangle of overwhelm and half-finished projects that aren’t serving anyone. It’s in this uncomfortable, unprofitable and discouraging place where a lot of entrepreneurs get stuck. So what’s the way out?
Learn to think strategically about your business. Instead of reacting to what’s happening this week, you’ll have a big picture for your business so you can see how this week fits into this year and your long term goals. Instead of focusing on the treadmill of “doing,” you’ll know what to do and how it fits into your plans. By having a big roadmap, you’ll always know where you are and where you are headed.
Learning strategic thinking will help with:
- time management – what to do when, what’s most important
- knowing when to focus on building your foundation vs. expanding your reach
- deciding what the pieces of your web presence should be and what goes on each
- leveraging most or all of your efforts so you can accomplish more
- creating priorities for you business efforts
During this evening, you’ll learn:
- 2 key phrases that will give a “fill in the blanks” way to think strategically about your work
- How to create a long-term plan with short-term action steps
- How to build a structure for your business in which all the pieces work together harmoniously toward your goals
- Common language and processes you can use to brainstorm with and support your professional peers
- Time management tips to help you implement your plan and save time wherever you can
The event cost is $24, and the sign up will remain open until all 15 spots are filled. Use the button below to sign up and I’ll see you in there! If you wish to pay by check, make your check payable to Michele Christensen, and click here to get my mailing address. Please have your check postmarked by Saturday January 8, 2011.